I finally tried The Sci-fi Cafe with an eat-all-you-can voucher. Since the time I discovered it on the internet, I had been excited to try the concept store! Not just the food but also the replicas, costumes, and collections of the owner himself (especially the Storm Trooper and Darth Vader helmet)!
Although, it made me sad when our buffet experience was a failure 😦 We were not able to taste everything, even any of the pasta and pizza 😦 Their serving was so large and we had to finish everything we ordered or else we’d have to pay for it. In order to leave the restaurant without paying anything except the drinks, that wasn’t included in the offer, we had to order one by one. Another tactic is we split one dish so we could both taste it. We also ordered milk blend or shakes worth P130 each. Here’s what we ordered:
1st: Starter sampler – 4/5 of their Starters’ Dishes / Van Hellswing (P290), Nacho Libre (P250), Two Towers (P270) and Sci-Fish & Chips (P320)
2nd: Jabba the Hotdog (P290)
3rd: Steve Rogers’ Burger (P340)
4th: The Chickenator (P270)
Sci-Fi Cafe gave customers with eat-all-you-can vouchers maximum 3 hours of stay. Sadly, I wasn’t able to take photos of everything we ate and all other things because of my limited time. Nevertheless, I still had a lot of fun compared to my experiences with the other restaurants.
- I was disappointed with the burger; wasn’t that tasty. It’s too thick and the cheese was so small.
- There’s nothing special with the fries. It was okay.
- Onion rings/Twin Towers was nearly good.
- I didn’t like the BBQ sauce of Van Helsing fried chicken.
- Tartar sauce for the starters was pretty good and toothsome. It added bonus points for the fries, onion rings, and Van Helsing.
- Chickenator was too plain. I was very dissatisfied.
- Jabba the Hotdog was new for me and I liked it. The hotdog was very tasteful.
- Nacho Libre was the champion!
They offer big servings that surely will make you full but I still think it’s overpriced. Nonetheless, I bet you’ll enjoy the environment, surroundings, and their in-house music 😉 I’d still go back to try the pizza and pasta and take more photos! By the time we left, Joey, the owner, and the other guys were installing the photobooth. They said, they’re hoping they’ll have the photobooth until forever. Let’s just hope it’s for free!