Yesterday, August 11, I attended the 6th year of Graphika Manila at SMX Convention Center, Pasig City with Ej, Aly, and Ika. It was my first time to attend the said symposium and it was fun/astounding and inspiring.
- The speakers shared their stories and experiences in different interesting and comic presentations especially Christian San Jose of Create.ph and JP Cuison. I had attended a couple of symposiums throughout high school and college life and I must say, of all my experiences of sitting and listening to speakers, Graphika Manila is the most diverting one. I did not even notice the time! That’s a boffo!
- I saw Lei Melendres who I really admire for his great drawing skills. Unfortunately, he’s the only one I recognized out of 2000+ attendees. Still, I saw him!
- I love the bag, freebies, and its smell! The smell of redolent but in a “fresh way” glossy paper. Mmm, delightful! My favorite freebies are the stickers and the bag. There were 7 stickers which I think is a good number of pieces to give away! Also, its designs were snazzy and rad! The bag is in black and white which may look very simple but I find it to be provocative in some ways.
- The whole day was very well-spent with my friends. I had so much fun with Ej especially that the last time I saw here was last June; we just had plenty of stories to share. It was also nice to see Ika for the second time, and I think is also to be the last time (sadly), after We The Kings concert last May with Aly.
- I tried a new Gong Cha milk tea, Earl Gray Milk Tea. I still love their house special more.
- It’s my first time to get inside the SMX Convention Center.
- I received birthday gifts from Ej!
- Some of the speakers were college dropouts.
- Lines from the speakers. Here are some: “We just wanna make some cool shit.”–Gerald Ding of PSYOP and “The imperfection is perfection; that’s what makes it (or things) beautiful.”–Joshua Smith of Hydro74.
- I submitted some of my works for the Graphika Manila Book but unfortunately it didn’t pass. Although, Aly‘s artwork got it in to the book! Proud friend here! 😀 Congratulations! I’ll try again next year!
- The Graphika Manila book (for free!)
- The fact that there were 2000+ attendees.
- Especially the sharing of the speakers’ ropes to success.
Here’s my e-certificate…